You may encounter a Brother printer paper jam while trying to print due to various reasons like poor quality ink cartridges, dust particles, small pieces of papers stuck inside the printer, damaged rollers, improperly loaded paper in the tray and many more.
A paper jam is annoying, especially when you are trying to print important documents. However, it’s not that critical an issue and you can easily fix it by following the solutions given here.
Solutions for Brother Printer Paper Jam Error
Here, we will let you know all the solutions to fix Brother printer paper jam error including the basic solutions and the advanced ones.
But before you go for any fix, double-check if there is any paper stuck inside. To do that, you have to check the back and the front-end of your printer. Apart from that, keep in mind that before applying the fixes you have to unplug your printer.
Here are the methods that you need to try to fix the Brother printer paper jam.
If and when you are facing a paper jam with the Brother printer, check the orange light next to the Error label. If you find it flashing, here are the things that you need to do.
- You have to turn the printer off and disconnect the power cord. Then keep it off for 10 to 12 minutes.
By this time all the internal hardware of your printer will cool down and will not hurt when you remove the paper stuck in your Brother printer.
- Then you have to check by removing the drum and toner cartridge assembly if the paper is stuck in there.
- If you find the jammed paper here, remove it and put the toner cartridge and drum back to their proper place. After that, close the front cover of your printer.
- Now turn your printer on and check if it is working. If this method fails to fix your problem, go through the next method.
While performing the above fix you have to keep in mind that when you take out the toner cartridge and drum, you have to put those on a disposable paper and a cloth. With this, you have to be careful while removing the stuck paper. The printer electrodes can not be touched. Otherwise, it can get damaged.
Another thing that you need to handle carefully is the toner cartridge. If the toner spreads on your hand while removing the stuck paper, wash your hand with cold water without wasting a second.
You can easily remove the stuck paper from the tray of your Brother Printer and get rid of the issue that is bothering you. To do that, here are the steps to follow.
- Turn your Brother Printer off so that you do not face any problem while removing the stuck paper.
Keep in mind that if you do not turn your printer off, you will face issues while pulling the paper out. Rollers will move in the opposite direction while pulling the paper that is stuck.
- Turn on the lights of your room to make sure you do not face any issue due to low light and then remove the tray of your printer. Then remove the paper that is stuck in the tray. This will ensure that the sheets are not staying inside your machine.
- Carefully take out the stuck paper using both of your hands. After that, gently put the tray back to its proper place in your printer.
- Make sure the PE actuator is there in the center of those two gray-colored rollers.
It stays in your printer’s back end and center, where the paper tray fits.
- After that, turn your printer on and check if the Ready LED lights are still indicating stuck paper.
If you see the printer is still saying paper stuck in it, follow the next solution to fix this issue.
If you see the issue is still there after performing the above methods, here are the steps that you need to follow to fix the paper jam issue in your printer.
- Turn your printer off and wait for a few minutes so that you do not get hurt while removing the stuck paper.
- After waiting for 12 to 15 minutes, take out the duplex tray after removing the paper tray carefully.
- If you see the stuck paper while removing the duplex tray, be careful so the paper does not tear and the remaining part gets stuck in your printer.
- You have to hold the paper with both hands and remove carefully from your printer if you find the paper stuck inside the Brother printer.
- After removing the stuck paper put the duplex tray and the paper tray back to their place in the Brother printer.
Double-check the front of your printer to make sure there is no stuck paper at all.
If you find that the Brother printer is printing but the paper is not coming out from the machine, here are the things that you need to do to fix this exact problem.
- Cool down your printer by turning it off and unplugging the power cord.
- Take out the printer output tray face-up gently so that the stuck paper does not tear.
- After that, from the right and left side, remove the fuser cover and check if there is any stuck paper inside your printer.
- Check the back and fuser cover carefully and take out the stuck paper slowly with your both hands.
- After that, close all the covers and check if the error LED light is off.
- After performing this fix, if you see the printer is not printing automatically, you have to press the GO button or you can repeat this method.
These were all the solutions for fixing a Brother printer paper jam. Hopefully, with the help of these above instructions. you have already fixed the issue and are able to use your printer now.