Brother printers are counted among the best all-in-one printers through which you can print, scan, send documents, along with various other features. Most of these printers come in a compact size, so you can use it at your home or in your office.
Each laser printer has its own features and you might be unable to configure many of these features. Rather than manual adjustments, you might find resetting the setting to its factory default preferable.
If you don’t know how to reset brother printer, then go through the steps that are mentioned below.
How to Reset Brother Printer?
Below discussed are the effective steps that you can implement on your own to reset the brother printer easily.
Using the Printer Control Panel:
- First, make sure that you have switched off your printer.
- Then, check whether the lids and covers are closed or not.
- From the outlet, you need to plug the power.
- Go to the printer’s Control Panel to press and hold the “go” button.
- At the time of holding the Go button, you need to set the power on.
- Now, wait for a few minutes until the printer is powered up completely.
- Next, the Go button needs to be released and then wait until you find the light indicators are stable and start to turn off.
- When the light indicators are active, you need to press the “Go” button 6 times.
Through Software Reset:
To reset the software, you need to perform the following steps accordingly.
- Initially, the browser needs to open. Then, go to the official site of the Brother printer and click on the “Support” menu.
- Go to the “Drivers and Downloads” and then from the dropdown menu select the “Printers” option.
- After selecting your printer model, tap on the View option in order to see your results.
- Now, go to the operating system and click on the Search option. Thereafter, you need to check for the result with “BRAdmin”.
- Head over the “Information and Download” option to choose the Download.
- Next, run the program that you have downloaded and then follow the on-screen instructions until completion.
- After launching the BRAdmin reset the printer and for that click on the Brother MFCL2700DW.
- Navigate to the Control menu to tap on the “Network Configuration”. If you have any password, then enter it and next click on the OK.
- Finally, click on the Control menu, followed by the Factory Reset.
Before starting the reset, make sure that you have created a backup file for your documents. Hopefully, following the steps provided above should help you to reset the Brother printer easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to reset the Brother ink cartridge?
If you want to reset the Brother ink cartridge, then go through the steps cited below.
- First, make sure that you have turned on the printer and then the toner door needs to be opened.
- Next, access the Reset Menu and for that tap on the “Clear or the Black” button.
- Go to the printer’s Toner Cartridge Reset option with the help of the arrow keys.
- After that reset the ink cartridge and for that press 1.
- In the end, press the Clear or Black button in order to leave the menu.
How to change the ink cartridge in the Brother printer?
Here are the steps that you need to follow to change the ink cartridge in the printer.
- After opening the ink cartridge cover, pull down the lock release lever.
- Now, take out the ink cartridge for the color that showed on the LCD.
- Next, the new ink cartridge bag needs to be opened and check whether you took out the ink cartridge or not.
- After that, make sure to remove the protective yellow cap and then insert the ink cartridge.
- Thereafter, you need to release each lock release lever and then push it gently until it clicks.
- After closing the ink cartridge cover, you will find that the machine will reset the ink dot counter automatically.
How to clean the heads of the Brother printer?
For cleaning the print-head, you need to perform the following steps. First, go to the Control Panel to find the ink key. If your Brother printer has that key, then just click on it. If not, then follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- Select the Cleaning option by pressing the Up or Down arrow key.
- Thereafter, tap on the OK key.
- Next, choose what you want to clean, with the help of the Up or Down arrow key.
- Finally, press on the OK key to clean the print head.