If you have recently bought a laptop, configured with the latest updates, then you need to know how to connect additional devices, such as printers, with it.
Brother printers are designed in such a way that they are user-friendly and you can easily connect them with the laptop. But, if you are unaware of how to connect Brother printer to laptop, then you can go through the methods mentioned below.
Further, if the printer was connecting with the laptop previously but now it fails to do so then there must a technical glitch. You can easily fix these random problems by implementing the hacks discussed here.
Easy Methods to Connect Brother Printer to Laptop
Here, we are about to discuss the easy methods through which you will be able to connect your Brother printer to your laptop. You can perform the methods described below:
Method 1: From the Official Website
You can connect the Brother printer to your laptop by seeking help from the official website. To do this, you can have a look at the steps provided below:
- First of all, visit the official website. Go to the bottom of the page and click twice on the Downloads button from the left pane of the screen.
- Click on the Printers option from the drop-down menu of ‘Select Product Group’. Next, click on the View button to continue and then tap on the link below.
- Now, choose the Operating System that you are using. Choose the language and tap on the Search button. Find out the suitable driver for your laptop.
- Restart the laptop. Then, connect one end of the USB cable to the printer’s port and another end to the laptop. Usually, the USB ports are located at the rear of the laptop near the power cable and audio jacks.
- Afterward, you can turn on both the printer and the laptop. Wait for a few seconds until the laptop recognizes and establishes the USB connection.
If this method doesn’t help you to connect your Brother printer to the laptop, then you can perform the next procedure provided below.
Method 2: Using Control Panel
You can also connect your Brother printer to the laptop through the Control Panel of the device. In order to do this, you can perform the steps as follows:
First, connect the printer to the laptop using the USB cable. Then, make sure that the laptop is connected through a secure and stable internet connection. Afterward, turn on both the laptop and Brother printer.
Go to the Start menu. Click on the ‘All Apps’ category from the right pane of the Start menu. Next, click on the ‘Windows System’ option and then tap on the ‘Control Panel’ option from the next page.
Now, navigate to the ‘View Devices & Printers’ section and click on the ‘Add a printer’ button. It will open the list of devices that are currently connected with the laptop. Choose the name of the printer from the list.
If you see that your printer is not listed on the menu, then the printer is not connected to the internet. You also need to make sure that both the laptop and printer are connected to the same network.
Note: You can also add your printer manually. To do this, tap on the ‘The printer that I want is not listed here’ option and then tap on the ‘Add a printer using TCP/IP address’ button. Afterward, tap on the Next button.
Next, enter the IP address in the IP address field and tick the ‘Query the printer and automatically choose the driver to use’ box. Click on the Next button to apply this.
Now, you have to install the printer driver. Go to the list of manufacturers and then select your Brother printer. Afterward, go to the list of printers and then select the model number of your printer.
If you see there is any previous driver, click on the ‘Replace the current driver’ option. Click on the Next button and leave the printer name as listed. After that, tap on the Next button once again.
Next, you will be prompted to choose an option for sharing. Afterward, tap on the Next button. Once you install the Brother printer driver successfully, you will receive a confirmation message. Lastly, tap on the Close or Finish button to complete the process.
How to Connect Laptop to Brother Printer Wirelessly?
Brother printer comes along with an exceptional feature which helps to print a document wirelessly from a laptop. It can help you to enhance your daily workability. Here are the steps you can perform to do this:
- First of all, turn on the laptop and the router.
- Afterward, turn the printer On and then go to the Menu of the printer.
- Next, go back to the Network section and tap on the ‘WLAN’ button.
- Click on the ‘Setup Wizard’ button from the next page.
- Once you receive the notification ‘Network I/F Switches to Wireless’ on the screen, press Enter.
- Now, find out the network from the list of results and press Enter. Make sure that the encryption type of the network is correct and press the Enter key to complete the process.
So, these are the probable ways to connect a Brother printer to a laptop. Hopefully, after performing the above steps, you will be able to connect a Brother printer to your laptop. To read more similar topics, you can follow our posts regularly.