If you are a Brother printer user, you may find that at times, the Brother printer won’t turn on. Printer not turning on is certainly an annoying situation as all your important print jobs are held back.
This issue, though can happen with any Brother printer model, is however more common with the MFC-j4510dw.
The main reasons behind this brother printer MFC-J4510DW won’t turn on issue are paper jams or damaged ink cartridges. Apart from that, a problematic input-output card might also be responsible for the Brother printer not turning on. Moreover, using an outdated printer driver can also lead you to this situation.
Brother Printer Won’t Turn on: Fixes to Try
If you own a Brother printer and are facing this annoying problem, no need to worry. You can easily resolve it by applying the fixes detailed below. Just follow and apply them one by one to get of the situation when your Brother printer won’t turn on.
Fix 1: Unplug and Re-Plug the Power Cable
When you are in this situation, the first thing that you need to do is unplug the power cord of the printer. After doing so, wait for a while and then connect the power cord again. This would reset the Brother printer. Now check whether it is turning on or not.
Fix 2: Enable Brother Printer
Sometimes, the above process works in resolving the problem. But if this is not in your case, then you need to check whether the Printer Offline feature is enabled or not. To check that, follow the steps below.
- First, launch the Run window by pressing the Windows + R key. Now, type ‘control’ in the Run box and hit the Enter key to open up the Control Panel section.
- Thereafter, move to the Devices and Printers section. After that, select your printer and ensure that the box against the Use Printer Offline option is checked.
- Next, select the Printer again and make sure that Set As Default Printer is checked.
- Finally, close all the tabs and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Fix 3: Clean the Ink Cartridges of the Printer
As mentioned earlier, it might happen that the Brother printer won’t turn due to faulty ink cartridges. Therefore, you need to check the ink cartridges and clean it regularly.
Foreign particles such as dust, debris, or any congested ink inside the ink cartridges might damage the ink cartridges and it is possible that the printer is not turning on due to this.
To clean the ink cartridges, you need to remove them from the printer and placed it in an even place. Now, take a dry cotton swab and clean it carefully. Do not use any impure water while cleaning the ink cartridges.
After doing so, place the ink cartridges back in their places properly and try to turn on the printer.
Fix 4: Uninstall and Reinstall the Printer Driver
If the above all methods fail to resolve the problem, then you need to uninstall the printer driver and install it again with the updated version of it. Take these steps to perform the action.
- First, press the Windows Start button and move to the Control Panel section. Thereafter, tap on the Programs and Features section and locate the printer driver from the list.
- Now, right-click on the printer driver and choose the ‘Uninstall the Driver’ option. A confirmation message will pop-up on the system screen. Click on the ‘Yes’ button to proceed further.
- After uninstalling the printer driver, launch a web browser and visit the official website of Brother.
- Now, enter your printer’s model number and download the latest version of the printer driver.
- After downloading the updated version of the printer driver, install it on your device. It will take some time to complete the process.
Hopefully, after updating the printer driver, you can easily access the printer without any issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my Brother printer is not working?
There are various reasons for a Brother printer not working. It might have stopped printing because of an incorrect connection between the Brother printer and your device. It can also be caused due to wrong settings or configuration of the Brother printer. You can use several workarounds to resolve the problem.
How do I Turn my Brother Printer Online?
- First, click the Start button and then move to the Devices and Printer section. After that, right-click on the Brother printer and click on the See What’s Printing option.
- Now, click on the Printer option and check the box corresponding to the Use Printer Offline option.
How do I get my Printer Out of Error State?
Sometimes, you might get the ‘Printer in error state’ error message on the printer’s screen. Some problems within the printer generally give rise to this type of error message.
To resolve this, you need to make sure that the printer is turned on and then connect it with your device through WiFi or the cables. Apart from that, you need to make sure that there is sufficient ink in the ink cartridges. Also, load the paper tray with the paper.