While working with the Brother printer, users often face certain error messages that can disrupt the printing process. If you find your Brother printer won’t print anymore, it’s quite a common issue for many users.
This error can result from multiple factors like outdated or missing printer drivers, a wrong configuration in OS, faulty network connection, etc. Besides, some simple problems like paper jams or empty ink cartridges can also trigger the error.
So, if you currently facing this error, then you need to apply a few effective steps to get rid of this situation.
What to do if Brother Printer won’t Print Black?
Here are the reliable workarounds that you can try in order to resolve the Brother printer error. So, check the undermentioned instructions and try to resolve the printing issue on your own.
Verify the Brother Printer Status
Before you move towards any critical troubleshooting measure, let’s begin with the easiest and obvious fix.
- Be sure that your Brother printer has sufficient pages in the paper tray. Also, ensure that none of the papers is jammed or stuck in the paper feed. In the case of a paper jam, you need to remove those jammed pages from the paper feed.
- Also, make sure that your printer has enough ink inside the cartridges. In case the level is low or empty ink cartridges, you need to replace them with a new one.
If the problem remains the same, ensure that you use genuine ink cartridges to print on your Brother printer.
Stop all Pending Brother Printer Jobs
After you verify the reasons behind this error, we suggest you stop all the Brother printer jobs and clear the queue. To proceed with this method, follow the under mentioned instructions.
Press the combination of the Windows logo + R key to launch the Run window. On the Run dialog box, write “Control” and hit the Enter key. From the top search result, choose the Control Panel in order to open the experience.
Once you access the Control Panel, scroll through the available options and choose “Devices and Printers”. Afterward, a list will appear where all the printing devices are enlisted. From the list, try to locate your printer and right-tap on it.
In the next screen, hit the drop-down menu and choose the “See What’s Printing” option. As the new window launches, tap on the “Printer” menu and hit the “Open as Administrator” option.
As soon as you perform these instructions, you will find a confirmation window that appears on the screen. From the confirmation window, hit the “Yes” button to eliminate all the pending tasks from the print queue.
Once done, attempt to print a test page again to verify whether your Brother printer won’t print or the error has been resolved.
Update the Printer Drivers
If you are using outdated printer drivers for a long time, then the occurrence of the brother printer error is quite a common event. In order to overcome this situation, you need to update the printer drivers.
To update the printer drivers, follow these instructions.
- In the Run dialog window, write “devmgmt.msc” and hit the “OK” button to execute the command.
- Thereafter, choose the “Device Manager” from the appeared menu. Here, you will find a list where all the installed drivers are enlisted.
- From the available list, locate and select the printer driver. Next, right-tap on the printer option and choose the “Update Driver” button.
- Next, from the appeared menu, choose “Search automatically for updated driver software” option.
- If updates are available, then hit the “Install Update” button from the resulting menu and wait unless the installation gets over.
Finally, reboot your device when the installation process completes successfully. After updating the printer driver if the error still bothers you, then move towards the next fix.
Use the Printer Troubleshooter
Windows comes up with multiple utilities to resolve the internal bugs and glitches. Printer Troubleshooter is one of them. Therefore, whenever you find that the Brother printer won’t print anything, simply run the Troubleshooter and let it resolve the problem.
To run the Printer Troubleshooter, follow the under mentioned instructions.
- Launch the “Control Panel” window and choose the “troubleshooting” from the resulting menu.
- Hit the “View All” option to launch the list of the troubleshooter.
- When the troubleshooter window initiates, choose your Brother printer name and model from the appeared menu.
- Now, right-tap on your printer and choose the “Run the Troubleshooter” option.
- Further, follow the remaining instructions shown on the screen.
After you perform these instructions, Printer Troubleshooter will scan your device and look for the internal errors. Once it detects the actual problem, the utility will resolve them automatically.
Set the Brother Printer as Default Printer
When all the above-discussed methods fail, you might require to set the Brother device as the default printer. A majority of users claim that after they set their printer as the default device, the error gets removed. Therefore, you can also give it a try.
To perform this task, carry out these instructions.
- On the Control Panel, choose the “Devices and Printers” from the resulting menu.
- Next, go to the “Printer” section and try to locate your Brother device from the available list.
- From the appeared menu, choose the “Set as default printer” option.
- Confirm the settings by tapping the “Yes” button if prompted.
- Now, tick the Brother printer icon to set it as default printer.
After setting the Brother printer as default, check if you are able to continue the printing task without any hassle.
Clean the Printhead
Sometimes, due to the dry ink, the printhead gets clogged and prevents your Brother printer from printing anything. In order to fix this error, you need to clean the printhead by following the underlying instructions.
- Initially, turn off the Brother printer and unplug the power cord.
- Now, open the lid of the printer. Then, open the cartridge door and remove the cartridges carefully.
- Next, lift the print head and remove the ink from it. You may use a moist cloth or cotton swab to do the cleaning.
- After you remove the ink, wait for a while so that the cleaning liquid can dry. Once it dries up, connect the power cable again to your printer.
- Finally, power on the Brother printer and verify whether it is printing normally or not.
We hope, after performing these instructions, you will be able to resolve the situation when your Brother printer won’t print properly.