Brother MFC L2700DW is an all in one laser printer that supports wireless networking and duplex printing. However, to use it wirelessly, you need to perform a wireless setup of the Brother MFC L2700DW. If you are wondering how to do so, keep reading the guide.
Things Required for Brother MFC L2700DW Wireless Setup
Before beginning with the actual setup for Brother MFC L2700DW connect to wifi, make sure that you have access to the following things:
- A strong internet connection so that you can execute the setup process properly.
- You should have both your Network Key/Password and SSID jotted down somewhere. It is required for the setup. You can find it at the back of your router.
- An Installation CD should be present with your printer package. However, if you do not have the Installation CD, navigate to the manufacturer’s website to install the software.
How to Connect Brother MFC L2700DW to WiFi?
Start the process by unpacking the printer first. Check whether the package consists of all the components or not. Remove all the protective materials and film coverings from the machine one by one. You will also require a USB cable to perform the setup, which is not included in the package. Hence, make sure to have a USB 2.0 cable in hand.
Step 1: Install the Toner Cartridge and Insert Paper inside the Paper Tray
First, install the toner cartridge. Remove the orange part from the toner cartridge and then install it within the machine. Once done, start loading the paper inside the paper tray. To do so, you will have to drag out the paper tray from the machine completely.
Now, adjust the paper guides as per the size of the paper you are using. Make sure to use A4 size papers for printing. Insert the paper inside the guides firmly so that it can fit easily. After inserting the papers inside the tray, push back the paper tray.
Step 2: Connect Your Machine With Power Source and Turn it On
After setting up the papers, it’s time to connect your machine to a power source. Take a power cord and connect each end to their respective slots. While one should be connected to the machine, the other end should be connected with the power outlet. Once done, turn on the printer by simply pressing the power button of the printer.
Step 3: Select Your Language
If you want to set language as per your preference, then make sure to do so by following the steps given below.
- Locate the Menu button on your printer.
- Use the arrow buttons to select General Setup and press the Ok button.
- Again, use the arrows to select Local Language and then press the Ok button.
- Use the arrows to choose the preferred language. Press the Ok button and then press Stop or Exit.
Step 4: Driver Installation and Connection Type
Now, you need to install the driver for the printer. Here are the steps for driver installation.
- Make use of the Installation CD provided with your machine to do so. Insert the Installation CD into the CD-drive.
- Follow the instructions appearing on your screen until you get prompted to choose the connection type.
- You will have three options viz., Local Connection (USB), Wired Network Connection (Ethernet), Wireless Network Connection.
- Choose Wireless Network Connection.
- If you do not have the Installation CD with you, navigate to the manufacturer’s website and install the driver.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, once it gets installed. Unless prompted to choose the connection type, select Wireless Network Connection.
Step 5: Wireless Configuration
Make sure to keep the WiFi details like SSID and Network key with you before beginning the wireless settings configuration. Follow the steps given below to configure your printer wirelessly through the Control Panel.
- Press the menu button on your printer and then use the arrows to select Network. Press the Ok button.
- Again, use the arrows to choose WLAN and press the Ok button. Now, select Setup Wizard using the arrow keys and press Ok.
- Once you see ‘WLAN Enable?” press Ok and choose Yes. In doing so, the wireless network will be enabled.
- The setup wizard will start searching for SSIDs. As soon as the list pops up, select your SSID from the list using the arrow buttons.
- Next, you need to type the Network key of your router and then press Ok.
- This ends the wireless setup for the Brother MFC L2700DW printer. Your printer will show connected successfully on its display.