You have just bought a new printer but do not know the Brother MFC-7840W Wireless setup process? Well, there is nothing to be worried about. Brother printers come with a pretty easy setup procedure and you can easily do it by yourself.
Setting the printer will help you to enjoy multi-functions such as printing, copying, scanning and faxing. All in one compact box that renders 23 pages per minute along with an 802.11b/g wireless network support.
Steps for Brother MFC-7840W Wireless Setup
Here, we will let you know the complete procedure to set up your Brother MFC-7840W. Go through these properly if you want to know how to setup Brother MFC-7840W on wireless network.
Before you go to the first step of the setup procedure, you must know the WLAN access point’s wireless network settings. Those are Network Name (SSID) and Network Key (Password).
Know the SSID and Password
Before starting the setup process of Brother MFC-7840W, you must know the SSID and Password. Going through these steps given below, you will be able to find the network’s SSID and Password.
- Check the side of the WLAN access point/router to find those.
- You can also check those documents that you have got with your WLAN access point/router.
- Probably you will find the manufacturer’s name or the model name in the initial part of the Network Name.
Set Up the Brother MFC-7840W
Here are all the steps in detail, going through which you will be able to set up your Brother MFC-7840W. Follow and apply the steps properly.
- Connect the power cord to the backside of the Brother MFC-7840W and plug the other end of the power cord into an electrical wall outlet. Then, turn on the printer.
- Select Menu and in case you configured the printer’s wireless settings previously you have to reset the network LAN settings.
- Now, select the following settings using the Up or Down arrow key.
- Choose LAN or Network and click select OK.
- Choose WLAN and select OK.
- Press OK after selecting Setup Wizard.
- You have to enable the wireless network when you will see the screen “WLAN Enable” or “Network I/F switched to wireless”. Then, the wireless setup wizard will start.
- The machine will look for the network and show you a list of Network Names (SSIDs) that are available.
- Use the Up or Down arrow key to select the SSID which you have found before when you will see the list of SSIDs and hit the OK button.
- Now, you have to choose one of these options below using the Up or Down arrow key. You have to match the settings that are used for your network if the network you are using is configured for Authentication and Encryption.
- Authentication and encryption methods that are available vary for different models:
No Authentication or Encryption.
Choose Open System and click OK. After that choose None for Encryption Type and click OK.
No Authentication with WEP Encryption.
Choose Open System and click OK. After that you have to choose WEP for the Encryption Type, using the Up or Down arrow key. Then select OK and click OK after choosing the Appropriate key number. Then, you have to put the WEP key (Network Key), click OK and execute your settings. Apply the settings after clicking on Yes.
Authentication with WEP Encryption.
Choose Shared Key and click OK. Select OK after choosing the appropriate key number. Then, you have to put the WEP key (Network Key), apply your settings after that by pressing OK. Choose Yes to apply the settings.
Authentication with WPA/WPA2-PSK (TKIP or AES) Encryption.
Choose WPA/WPA2-PSK and hit the OK button. After that choose TKIP or AES for the Encryption Type by using the Up or Down arrow key. Hit the OK button then. After putting the password (Network Key) of WPA/WPA2-PSK, select OK. Then choose Yes to apply the settings.
Authentication with LEAP.
Choose LEAP and hit the OK button. Click OK after putting the user name. Apply the settings by entering the password (Network Key) and hitting the OK button. Choose Yes and the settings will be applied.
Authentication with EAP-FAQT/MS-CHAPv2, EAP-FAXT/GTC (TKIP or AES Encryption), EAP-FAX/NONE.
Choose EAP-FAST/MSCHAP(EAP-FAST/MS-SHAPv2), EAP-FAST/GTC or EAP-FAST/NONE and hit the OK button. Then, you have to select TKIP or AES for the Encryption Type by using the Up or Down arrow key. Click OK after that. Press the OK button after entering the user name. Apply the settings by entering the password (Network Key) and hitting the OK button. Choose Yes and the settings will be applied.
- Then, the machine will try to get connected to the network selected by you.
- On the LCD of the Brother printer, you will see a message saying connected if it gets connected successfully.
- You will see a message saying Connection Fail or Connection NG on the LCD of your printer if the connection is not successful.
Note: If you find connection has failed, check if the access point and verify the network settings. You can move your printer closer to the router and try again try to implement the steps.
- If DHCP is enabled, the correct TCP/IP address information will be automatically acquired by the device from the access point or router. Most of the time DHCP is enabled as default.
The wireless setup will complete as soon as you attach the Brother printer to the network and if it has a valid IP address. Now, you can use the printer after installing the driver.
So, these were all the steps that you need to perform to set up the Brother printer. Hopefully, you have gathered all the information that you were looking for.
Frequently Asked Question
How to connect Brother printer to a computer without using a wire?
You can easily connect your Brother printer to your computer using these steps.
- First, you have to connect your computer to the wireless router if it is not connected already.
- Then, connect your Brother printer to the same router to which your computer is connected to.
- Now, secure the connection between your Brother printer and computer.
How does Windows 10 recognize a Brother printer?
Here are the steps following which you can make your Windows 10 recognize the Brother printer.
- Press the Windows key and the Q key together on the keyboard to open the search box.
- Type printer there. Choose Printer 7 Scanner.
- Select “Add a printer or scanner”.
- Now, select the option “The printer that I want isn’t listed”.
- Then, choose the option “Add a Bluetooth, wireless or network discoverable printer”.
- Click on the connected printer.