Brother HL-2280DW is a Monochrome Multifunction Laser Printer that provides high-quality printing at 27 ppm. However, in order to use a printer, it is necessary to perform a setup first. To know more about Brother hl-2280dw wireless setup, go through this guide thoroughly.
Things You Need for Brother HL-2280DW Wireless Setup on Windows 10?
Before beginning with the process, make sure to follow the parameters listed below.
- Your system and the printer should be connected to an active and strong internet connection.
- Your SSID and Network key should be noted down somewhere for further reference. It is usually located at the back of the router.
- Also, you will require an Installation CD for driver installation. If you do not have one, you can navigate to the manufacturer’s website and download the driver from there.
How to Setup Brother HL-2280DW Printer Wirelessly?
First of all, unpack your printer and check whether all the components are present inside the package. Eliminate any packing films and protective materials from the insides of the machine as well. Remove the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly from the machine and shake it carefully so that the toner can distribute evenly. Once done, follow the steps given below to complete the wireless setup.
Step 1: Insert Paper inside the Paper Tray
Start by inserting paper inside the paper tray. To do so, pull the paper tray from the machine and adjust the paper guides to insert the paper inside the tray with caution. Fan the paper thoroughly and insert it into the tray. Now insert the paper tray back in.
Step 2: Connect with the Power
Now you need to connect the machine with power. Hence to do so, simply take an AC power cord and connect its one end to the machine and other-end with some AC power source. Once done, press the power button of the printer to turn it on.
Step 3: Select Language and Configure LCD Contrast
To change the language as per your preference, press the Menu button on your printer. Make use of arrows to select General Setup and then press Ok.
Again, use the arrows to select Local language and press Ok. Choose your Language and press Ok again. Lastly, press Exit.
On the other hand, if you want to configure the LCD contrast for your machine, press Menu and use the arrows to select General Setup. Press the Ok button.
Again, use the arrows and select LCD contrast. Press Ok. Configure the contrast using the arrows and press Ok. Lastly, press the Stop or Exit button.
Step 4: Connection Type and Driver Installation
Next, you will be asked to select the connection type and install the driver. Note that you should be logged in with Administrator rights before executing this process. Follow the steps below for driver installation.
- Insert the Installation CD provided with the printer into the CD-drive. If you do not have the CD, you can always navigate to the manufacturer’s website.
- Follow the instructions appearing on your screen until asked to choose the connection type. You need to choose from the options: USB Interface Users, Wired Network, and Wireless Network. For the Wireless setup, you need to select Wireless Networks.
Step 5: Wireless Configuration
There are three processes through which you can perform the wireless configuration. This involves configuration using the CD-ROM and USB, Control Panel, and WPS push button. Let’s take a thorough look at each.
Process 1: CD-ROM and USB Cable
To execute this process, you will require a USB cable which is not included with the package. Follow the steps given below for wireless configuration using installation CD-ROM and USB cable.
- After selecting the connection type as Wireless Network Connection, click on Next.
- Now, select “Change the Firewall Port Settings to Enable Network Connection and Continue with the Installation” and press the Next button. Select No and Click on Next.
- Confirm both the SSID and Network key and mark the box. Click on the Next button.
- Select “Temporarily use a USB cable (Recommended)”, click Next. Connect a USB cable with the system.
- Once you see a confirmation screen, checkmark the box and click the Next button. In the next window, mark Yes if the SSID is yours. Click the Next button. Now, click Next again so that settings can be configured. It will display that your connection is successful.
- However, if you see the SSID is not listed, the wizard will look for your SSID. Once it shows the list, select your SSID and click Next.
- Now you will see a screen stating that your network is not configured for Authentication and Encryption. Click the Ok>Next.
- Provide the Network Key twice for confirmation and then click on Next. Once you see a connection successful message, your wireless settings configuration is successful.
Process 2: Control Panel
Make sure you have both your SSID and Network key with you before starting with the process.
- Locate the Menu button on your printer, press it. Use the arrows to select Network and press the Ok button.
- Again, use the arrows to select WLAN and press OK. Select Setup Wizard, press Ok again. Once you see the “WLAN ENable?” option, press the On button to launch the wireless setup wizard. Press Stop or Exit, if you don’t want the wireless setup wizard.
- Now the machine will start searching for SSIDs. Once a list appears, select your SSID and press Ok.
- For authentication and encryption, type the Network Key. Press Ok two times and select Yes>Ok.
- This will start the wireless setting configuration and a message will appear stating the same on the screen.
Process 3: WiFi Protected Setup (WPS)
You can also execute the process by pressing the WPS button on the wireless access router. Here are the steps by which you can do so.
- Press the Menu button on your machine. Use the arrow buttons to select Network and Press Ok.
- Again, select WLAN> WPS/AOSS through the arrows and press Ok after each step.
- Once you see a message stating “WLAN Enable?” and press the On button to start the wireless setup wizard.
- When you see a message stating to start WPS/AOSS on your wireless access point or router, press the WPS button. Press Ok.
- On doing so, your access point or router will be detected on its own.
This was the complete method following which you should be able to successfully set up the wireless Brother HL-2280DW printer.