Brother is well known for its series of printer products, as it provides the best quality printouts and convenience than its competitors.
Brother HL-2270DW printers offer speed and quality at a comparatively lower price. It also offers new features like wireless connectivity built inside their printers. However, you can easily connect your printer to other devices using the Brother HL-2270DW wireless setup.
Printers are performing better and faster these days but, setting it up with the cables and cord is not so convenient. Hence, setting up a printer wirelessly and connecting it with your devices has become easier than ever.
Here’s How to Connect Brother HL-2270DW Printer to Wifi
Setting up a Brother HL-2270DW wireless printer is a very easy process. It doesn’t matter whether your computer supports wireless drivers or not. Since you can easily connect your wireless printer to a shared network that your device uses.
But, you may need a USB cable to complete the setup process. So keep it handy before running the software installation of the Brother printer. After removing all the packaging from your printer, connect it to a power source using the provided power cable.
Before turning it on, check the toner cartridge by opening the access door of your printer. Once confirmed, switch on the printer and take a test print by pressing the “Go” button on it. After the initial test, you are ready to set up the wireless printer.
Install HL 2270DW Wireless Setup in Your Computer
To set up the wireless printer in your computer follow the given steps.
- Connect your computer to the wireless network using an Ethernet cable or over WiFi. Once connected, download the Brother printer driver software and P-touch Editor from the official website.
- Now, run the driver software on your computer. In the Installation Wizard box, accept the license agreement and proceed to the next menu.
- Then select the “Wireless Network Connection” in the connection type and click on the Next button. Now, select the radio button beside the “Brother Peer-to-Peer Network Printer” option.
- After that, choose the option to change the Firewall port settings if there is any antivirus installed on your computer.
- Once you have checked and confirmed all selection, click Next to complete the wireless setup.
Now to complete the printer setup, attach the printer with a USB cable to your computer. Thereafter, follow these steps:
- As your computer starts recognizing your device, select the Brother HL-2270DW printer from the list.
- On the next page, click on the appropriate wireless network from the list and proceed further.
- Then type your wireless network key and re-confirm the installation. Also, click “Next” to navigate through the rest of the process and hit the “Finish” button to complete the setup.
After the setup is over, you can detach the USB cable from your printer. As we hope your Brother printer is now wirelessly connected to your device.
Connect to a Wireless Network Using Brother HL-2270DW Printer
When you install the printer driver on your computer, you can easily set up the device wirelessly. For this purpose, you may use a home network connection or a reliable server in your office. Now, follow the steps to connect your printer to your wireless router.
- First, under the small interactive screen of your printer, press the Menu key. Using the navigational arrow buttons, find the Network option.
- Choose the WLAN option under it and press OK to confirm. Now, on the next screen confirm the wireless setup using the wizard option.
- After that, enable the WLAN option. Your Brother printer will start searching for all the available wireless network connections automatically.
- Next, confirm your name of the WiFi network and press OK. Choose the WPS connection when prompted and enter the security key for your network. Press OK to complete this procedure.
After setting up your printer to your network connection, wait for a few seconds before it starts displaying the status as “Connected”.
Now you can easily print on your Brother HL-2270DW printer without worrying about any connected cables or location of your device. It can print no matter where you go if your device is connected to the same network.